A year after being burned with a candle by a child, Buddy the dog has made a full recovery.

A year ago, a dog named Buddy was in the news because he was the victim of a child’s cruel act, which left him with scars on his face.

But this dog never lost hope, and over the past few months he has made a full recovery. Now, one year later, Buddy’s new owner has confirmed that he is “fully healed” and doing great.

Readers should be aware that some of the pictures in this story may be upsetting.

Buddy first made news last April when he came home from being set on fire with eege burns on his face. His skin was burned, and the smoke was so bad that it made his eyes swell shut, so he couldn’t see. He also had a rope around his neck, which may have been used to pull him down.

The person who set the dog on fire was later found to be a child. The child admitted to setting the dog on fire, but Mississippi law says that no one younger than 12 can be charged with a crime.

Buddy’s wounds were so bad that he had to be given to the Tunica Humane Society so he could get the right care. His vets were surprised by the situation and warned at the time that the dog had a long way to go, saying that “right now, the prognosis isn’t good.”

Sandy Williams, who runs the Tunica Humane Society, told FOX 13 that she couldn’t understand how someone could be that cruel. “Buddy was a very friendly dog who didn’t bite. He went everywhere the children in the area went.”

Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, an associate professor and veterinary surgeon, told WTVA, “Buddy’s vital signs are good, but this is just the top of a very tall mountain to climb.”

Buddy was later taken to the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine for more care, and the vets there were amazed by how happy he was despite everything.

In an update, the Humane Society said, “He was in good shape, wagging his tail, and was very helpful.”

Buddy kept getting better over time. Buddy couldn’t see with a towel wrapped around his head, but the vets were glad to see that the burns hadn’t hurt his eyelids.

The Humane Society wrote on Facebook that he keeps making progress every day. “Never did anything wrong with his doctors. Everyone has been so happy with how his skin grafts have turned out. _gp wopd are very slow, but Buddy is making great progress in his healing.

After a few months of getting better, Buddy had skin grafts that made him need less care, so he could slowly get back to being himself.

“Now that the bandages are off his ears, he is much happier and more playful. Last summer, Tunica Humane Society said, “I am sure he is so happy as his life slowly gets back to normal.”

Buddy reached a big milestone in August when the vets finally took the patch off his eye, letting him see for the first time in months.

The Humane Society said, “His eyes were open, and he was very aware.” “YES, Buddy can still see. This is the answer to your millions of prayers.”

“Buddy’s last real memory of seeing was in the last few seconds of his life, just before a child set his fase on fire. This dog’s whole life changed in the blink of an eye.”

This roog pup finally being able to see was a big step toward normalcy, and his caretakers say that his regopatu has started to shine aap.

Sandy Williams, who runs the Tunica Humane Society, told WREG that Buddy’s whole life has changed since he saw the light of day.

“He is happy and playful, and he walks around the orta with a huge ball in his mouth. He enjoys balls. He walks around with them so everyone can see.”

Buddy was rescued a year ago, and just recently, the Humane Society shared some good news: Buddy is now “fully healed.”

Buddy has been living with Dr. Swanson in a foster home, and the vet said that Buddy is having the best time of his life.

The Tunica Humane Society wrote that his face is now fully healed. “He doesn’t have to wear an e-collar anymore, which he loves! He now spends his days like any other dog. “Playing fetch, going for long walks, and being spoiled because he’s a great dog!”

“Buddy’s amazing recovery from his near-death experience is a miracle, and all of his caregivers have a lot to be proud of.”

The Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, which cared for Buddy, celebrated his recovery by getting together with him again.

“After many surgeries, hugs from everyone in the orta, and games of fetch, he’s doing great in his foster home!” the college wrote in a Facebook post and shared a photo of the happy and healthy Buddy with all the vet staff.

It’s scary to think about what Buddy went through, but we’re so happy to see how far he’s come in the past year. Thank you to all the vets who helped him get better so quickly.